Linden, Lime Flower or Tilleul is a herbal tea from the blossom of the linden tree. Linden is a muscle relaxant. Taste: warm, apple-like, highly aromatic, astringent.
- Quantity: 1 level teaspoon (2½ g) per cup or person
- Water temperature: 95oC (200oF)
- Brew time: 8 - 10 minutes
Linden, or lime flowers:
- Reduces tension and stress
- Relieves symptoms of colds, flu and sore throats, reducing congestion and fever
- Soothes skin in facial toners with astringent properties
- Calms the mind and promotes sleep
- Brown, K. (1999) Herbal Teas, North Adams, MA, USA, Storey Books. ISBN 1580170994.