- 1 tbsp whole allspice
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp cassia cinnamon
- 1 fresh bay leaf, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 Scotch Bonnet Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- Grind the allspice and black peppercorns in a pestle and mortar to a powder. Add to a food processor with the cassia cinnamon, nutmeg powder, bay leaf, fresh thyme leaves, spring onions and scotch bonnet chillis and purée.
- Stir in the muscovado sugar, salt, dark soy sauce and lime juice.
- This will do for jerking 6 chicken drumsticks or thighs, or 750g-1kg of pork, fish or goat. To jerk these, simply marinade them with the Jerk Seasoning for at least 6 hours or overnight, then ideally barbecue or roast in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.