- 200g tinned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or more
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 100ml tahini (optional)
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pitta bread
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse. Alternatively, prepare the chickpeas from scratch, then drain and rinse.
- Put everything (prepared chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, tahini and water) into a food processor, and whizz to a purée.
- Add more lemon juice, garlic, cumin or salt to taste. Scoop out into a serving bowl. Drizzle with some olive oil.
- Sprinkle over with paprika and serve with pitta bread, warmed in a oven for three minutes and quartered.