Goji Berries have been a source of nutrition in Asia for thousands of years. Originating from south-east Europe, Goji berries are now grown throughout the world and have a pleasantly fruity taste.
Key Nutritional Messages About Goji Berries
- Vitamins B2, C and iron help reduce tiredness and fatigue,
- Vitamin B2 aids with maintenance of normal skin, and vitamin C to normal collagen formation for the normal function of the skin and gums.
- Vitamin C and iron to the normal function of the immune system.
- Vitamin B2 helps maintenance of normal red blood cells and iron contributes to formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin.
- Natural source of antioxidants - vitamins B2 and C, which both contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
Using Goji Berries
Suggested Use: delicious straight out of the bag, or add to breakfast cereals, smoothies, desserts and cakes.
- NHS Direct (2015) Do goji berries deserve their A-list status? . Accessed 9 October 2015.