Chlorella is a blue-green algae cultivated in special fresh water pools under warm golden sunlight, to maintain a pure, organic environment. Chlorella is dried and it's cell walls cracked, making it easier to absorb. Chlorella has been researched because it is a good vegetarian source of B12 and vitamin E. Chlorella's iron content contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, as well as health of the immune system.
Chlorella is a natural source of vitamins and minerals (a few of which are antioxidants) including:
Some manufacturers suggest taking 5 g per 200g serving for your health. 
Key Nutritional Messages For Chlorella
- vitamins B2 and B12, plus iron, help reduction tiredness and fatigue.
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, phosphorus, and iron which contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism and to normal oxygen transport in the body.
- Zinc which contributes to normal acid-base metabolism, carbohydrate metabolism, macronutrient metabolism, metabolism of fatty acids and to normal metabolism of vitamin A.
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3 and zinc contribute to the maintenance of normal skin. Zinc also contributes to the maintenance of normal hair and nails.
- Vitamins B1, B3, B6 and B12 help normal psychological function, and iron and zinc to normal cognitive function.
- Vitamins B1 contributes to the normal heart function, potassium to the maintenance of normal blood pressure. Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12 and iron help maintenance of red blood cells; vitamin B6 and B12 helps normal red blood cell formation, while iron helps normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin.
- Zinc contributes to normal fertility and reproduction. Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B12 contribute to normal function of the nervous system, and vitamins B6 and B12, iron and zinc help with normal functioning of the immune system.
Enjoy chlorella as a part of a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet:
Use: 5g - 15g (1 - 3 tsp) daily. Mix with water, juice or a delicious smoothie.
How To Store Chlorella: store in a cool dark place out of direct sunlight.
- Naturya (undated) Chlorella Powder . Accessed 21 October 2015.