Chamomile is classic herbal tea. Chamomile is a natural relaxant, which is used to soothe the nerves. Chamomile brews a deep yellow infusion, with a characteristic aromatic flavour light and fruity reminiscent of apples. Taste: light, apple-like, slightly bitter.
- Quantity: 2 heaped teaspoons (2½ g) per cup or person
- Water temperature: 95oC (200oF)
- Brew time: 8 - 10 minutes
- Soothes digestive problems - digestion, diarrhoea, cramps and flatulence
- Offers moderate sedative and calming effects
- Soothes sore muscles when added to the bath
- Relieves irritated and sunburnt skin
- Is a great hair rinse for blonds
- Brown, K. (1999) Herbal Teas, North Adams, MA, USA, Storey Books. ISBN 1580170994.